Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Timing is Everything

It takes lots of small interconnecting parts to make up the place where great things happen. Little interactions like this one. Read on.

timing is everything
FUNNYSTRANGE.COM
Sarah Ovenall

Last week Georg and I went to A/V Geeks. We had to meet there because he was working late, so I went to the Q Shack for dinner. They were a little crowded and I asked a young woman if I could share her table. She was studying, and though I didn't pry, I could see enough of her book to see that she was studying Chinese.

I wanted to say something to her but after 20 years, I remember so little Chinese that I didn't know what I would say. I can barely say my own name at this point, much less have a conversation. Besides, she seemed pretty deeply involved in her studies and I didn't want to interrupt. So I ate my dinner and websurfed on my phone, and she studied, and it was a nice quiet sharing of space.

Continue reading this blog post...

No comments:

Post a Comment