The City of Durham Equal Opportunity and Equity Assurance Department will offer“Accounting for Small Businesses” – Seminar #6 in a Workshop Series for Small Businesses on Thursday, June 20, 2013, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at City Hall Council Chambers 101 City Hall Plaza, 1st Floor
- To better enable small businesses to streamline their finances, this seminar will cover fiscal management and operations. Topics to be covered include understanding financial statements and how to use the information to manage the business, bookkeeping, and other business recordkeeping.
- The seminar will be conducted by Mary Speight, assistant regional director for the Small Business and Technology Development Center at North Carolina Central University.
- This free seminar is open to all small business owners and entrepreneurs from Durham as well as surrounding communities. This is the final seminar in the fiscal year 2012-2013 series.
- This seminar series was developed by the City’s Equal Opportunity and Equity Assurance Department to provide technical assistance services to local, small businesses for this fiscal year.
- Participants are asked to pre-register online or by contacting Senior Equal Opportunity/Equity Assurance Specialist Vincent Wingate by email at Vincent.Wingate@DurhamNC.gov or by calling (919) 560-4180, extension 17241.
- For more information on the Workshop Series for Small Businesses, click here.
The City of Durham’s Equal Opportunity and Equity Assurance Department is responsible for the implementation of the City's Equal Business Opportunity Program. Responsibilities include implementation of race and gender neutral measures to facilitate the participation of Small Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (SDBE) in City contracting activity, recruitment, certification, and maintenance of SDBE data bank, business development, City project compliance, monitoring, and reporting. Guided by the City’s Strategic Plan, the department ensures that its services support making Durham a great place to live, work, and play by focusing on a strong and diverse economy, assuring that City efforts are well managed, and supporting the stewardship of the City’s physical assets. To learn more, visit the website.
Learn more about Durham at www.durham-nc.com