For its Tastiest Town in the South campaign from which Durham received more than $3.3 million in exposure in a single announcement, DCVB has also now been recognized with two awards from Ragan's PR Daily. Ragan Communications and their associated outputs including PR Daily, are global leaders in the public relations arena.
"Recognition like this doesn't happen every day," said DCVB President and CEO Shelly Green. "The campaign was one we put together quickly to seize an opportunity. Our team set a goal to earn the Tastiest Town title and stayed focused on it until we won. That we have received recognition like this from a firm like Ragan is a spectacular endorsement of our achievement," she added. DCVB was the only convention and visitors bureau named as a winner.
The campaign was submitted for consideration in two categories, both of which were named winners against steep competition. The awards are as follows:
Best Location-Based Campaign
Winner: Durham Convention & Visitors Bureau, "The Tastiest Town in the South"
· CBRE Group, Inc., "Real Estate 360 in 60 Southern California Forecast"
· MWW for the McDonald's New York Nutrition Tri-state Owner/Operators Association, McDonald's New York Metro Nutrition Network
Best Digital PR Campaign – Budget Under 25,000
Winner: Durham Convention & Visitors Bureau, "The Tastiest Town in the South"DCVB also won a platinum award for its 2011-12 Annual Report recently from the state-wide Destination Marketing Association of North Carolina.
· AMD, AMD Radeon HD 7990 eBay Publicity Stunt
· AMD, Social Media Launch of AMD's “Never Settle: Reloaded”
· BolderBOULDER, "I AM BOLDER"
· Proudly Represents & Mediatic for Domino's Pizza Netherlands & Indie Amsterdam, Domino's Pizza "Safe Sound"
Recognized nationally for best practices and excellence in Destination Marketing, DCVB has received more than 150 awards and recognitions over the past 15 years.
Such recognition serves as affirmation of one of the organization's most important core values: CANI – Continuing and Never-Ending Improvement.
Learn more about Durham online, and on Facebook and Twitter.